Your privacy is important to Chapman Motors Ltd (referred to as “we” or “us” in this policy) and the purpose of this policy is to tell you what personal information we collect about you, how we use it, whether we disclose it to anybody else, how long we keep it, and how you can request access to your personal information or obtain more information about Chapman Motors Ltd’s privacy policies.
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated Jacquie Bartley to be responsible for our compliance with this policy and with the privacy legislation. If you wish to contact Jacquie Bartley, you can do so by using one of the following:
- by telephone -204-523-4674 by facsimile – 204-523-8835
- by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail – Box 220, Killamey, MB ROK 1GO
What Personal Information do we Collect?
When you purchase, finance, or lease a vehicle from us, when you have us service or repair a vehicle or if you buy parts as well as any other products or services from us or if you simply participate in one of our surveys, contests, or promotions, test drive one of our vehicles or contact our dealership staff, we may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- your name, address and telephone number email address and facsimile number
- your occupation
- information about your driving habits (such as preferred car size, colour, type of vehicle, kilometres driven annually, etc.)
- information about your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in details of your vehicle and its service history
- your driver’s license number
- the name of your insurance company and agent
- your insurance policy number and the details about your insurance coverage similar information about other members of your family
- your language preference
- your date of birth and/or the date of birth of other members of your family your social insurance number and/or the social insurance number of other members of your family
- financial and credit information about you and/or other members of your family (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms)
- the principle amount of your loan, interest and repayment schedule
- health information if you are applying for life, health, disability or accident
- the amount of any life, health, disability or accident insurance and details of that insurance
- Provision of your Social Insurance Number is optional. However, you should be aware that most Credit Reporting Agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
The Security of your Personal Information is Important to Us
Your personal information is used by us only for the purposes identified below and access to your personal information is limited to those employees of Chapman Motors Ltd who need to have access to it. All of our employees have copies of our policies relating to protecting your privacy.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used by us to provide products and services to you such as: to obtain a license for your vehicle, to obtain a credit report if you are financing or leasing your vehicle, to obtain appropriate financing of your vehicle for you, to provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires servicing and to provide you with updates and information regarding products and services that we have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you.
Sometimes we have to Share your Personal Information with Others
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties such as the manufacturer of your vehicle and its related companies, the providers of products or services relating to your vehicle, credit reporting agencies, financial institutions or financing companies who provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
How Long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe that you are still the owner of the vehicle or a customer of Chapman Motors Ltd. If the information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle we retain information at least as long as those arrangements are in place. If the information relates to the service or repair of your vehicle we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of the vehicle or as may be required
by law. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
What can you do if you want to Limit the use to Which we put Your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information which we collect is necessary for us to sell or lease you your vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, assist you in the financing or lease of your vehicle or to provide service to your vehicle and we cannot do this without that personal information. Similarly, we must disclose your personal information as described above in order to sell you the vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, assist you in arrangements for financing or leasing or to provide servicing to your vehicle. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way, please contact Jacquie Bartley as described above and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You can Request Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information which we have about you and to request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact Jacquie Bartley who will be pleased to assist you.
Chapman Motors Ltd and Staff